SLUGGISH DIGESTION can lead to constipation, which is a delayed emptying of the bowel so that stools become hard and dry and difficult to pass. This can cause abdominal discomfort and a buildup of gas, which can also bring on abdominal cramping.
With sluggish digestion, too much water may be absorbed from the food as it passes through the colon, meaning that the stools at the end of the digestive process are hard and dry.
Many factors can cause sluggish digestion, which can also lead to constipation:
• Lack of dietary fiber (fruit and vegetables, whole-meal bread, high fiber cereals).
• Inadequate fluid intake (always drink more when you increase fiber in your diet).
• Sedentary lifestyle.
• Emotional stress.
• Delaying the urge to go to the toilet.
• Long term use of chemical laxatives.
• Side effects of some medicines.
• Being overweight or obese.
• Poor mobility.
• Some nervous system conditions.
• Some bowel conditions.
Digestive-stimulating Essential Oils can help with sluggish digestion, including:
• Black Pepper
• Wild Orange
• Detoxification Blend
• Digestive Blend
• Encouraging Blend
The ENCOURAGING BLEND is a blend of mint and citrus oils, and it is these groups of oils that can be beneficial to a sluggish digestive system.
The ENCOURAGING BLEND contains Peppermint, Clementine, Coriander, Basil, Yuzu Peel, Melissa, Rosemary, and Vanilla Bean Absolute. Massaging this blend over the abdomen in a clockwise direction twice a day can encourage peristalsis of the bowel, so food moves through the colon unhindered, and can be evacuated.
The ENCOURAGING BLEND also promotes feelings of confidence, courage, and belief, and can counteract negative feelings of pessimism and doubt.
In addition to the regular 5ml bottle, it is also available as a pre-diluted roller bottle blend.
• Apply to the bottoms of feet in the morning to jump-start your day.
• Diffuse when working on a project at work or school to stay motivated.
• Apply to pulse points before participating in sporting events or other competitions.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
DIFFUSION: Use one to two drops in the diffuser of your choice.
TOPICAL USE: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If pregnant or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas. Avoid sunlight or UV rays for up to 12 hours after applying product.
MAKE IT MOVE MASSAGE RECIPE
• 2 drops Encouraging Blend
• 2 drops Digestive Blend
• 1 drop Cilantro
Dilute with 10ml Fractionated Coconut Oil and massage abdomen in a clockwise direction for five minutes. Can also be applied to the soles of the feet.
QUESTION – IS THERE A PARTICULAR PART OF YOUR DAY OR WEEK WHEN YOU COULD USE SOME ENCOURAGEMENT?